Know What Your Policy Covers

You may not have noticed before, but a standard homeowner’s policy does not cover all losses caused by water. Whether or not you have extended coverage, a loss caused by water may or may not be covered by your insurance policy. So, what would you do if your sump pump overflows or if you have a sewage or drainage backup in your household? Add an endorsement to your policy in order to be prepared and have coverage for these things!

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 1.42.10 PM